EMSIOP Admissions Requirements
How to apply
Please review the application deadline and requirements below before beginning your graduate application to the Executive MS in Industrial/Organizational Psychology program.
Fall 2024 Application Priority Deadline: February 1, 2024
Fall 2024 Application Round 2 Deadline: March 1, 2024
Please submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume: Please upload your current resume before submitting your application. Your current resume should include your employment history, academic history, relevant research experience, volunteer history, leadership roles & activities, awards & honors, and any additional activities related to your career and graduate program goals.
- Preferred minimum of five years of relevant work experience: Applicants should have five plus years of relevant work experience, this should be included on your resume.
- Personal essay: Essay must be typed, double spaced, and a maximum of three pages. Discuss your career plans and goals, the influence of your work and leadership experience on them, why it is important for you to undertake this graduate program, and your expected outcomes from being in this graduate program.
- Transcripts: Transcripts of all postsecondary coursework at a college or university where six or more credits were attempted must be submitted. To expedite the completion of your application you can upload copies of your unofficial transcripts in the application. Scanned transcripts should clearly display the institution’s name, coursework with grades, and a grading scale or legend if available. Transcripts uploaded to your application by you (the applicant) are considered unofficial. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable documents for admissions review purposes. If you are ready to submit official transcripts, please note that currently our office can only accept official e-transcripts sent to our email address using a secure link and password. A transcript is only considered official if it is delivered to our office directly and securely from your college or university. If you decide to have an e-transcript sent to us, please make sure when you make this request from your college or university that you include our school name -CUNY-Baruch College-Weissman School of Arts and Sciences along with our office email address email@example.com.
- Two letters of recommendation: Applicants are required to register their recommenders via the online application to submit their letters of recommendation. Recommenders may complete and submit their recommendation entirely online via the application system. If a recommender cannot complete the process online for any reason, they may submit their recommendation directly to the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences Graduate Studies office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- English Proficiency Exam (if applicable): Proof of English proficiency is required of all non-native speakers of English who have not completed study from a college/university in a country whose official language is English: Applicants may submit either the TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo to provide proof of English proficiency. To expedite the completion of your application you can upload copies of your unofficial TOEFL, IETLS, or Duolingo scores in the application. For TOEFL Please use the code 8272 to submit your official TOEFL scores directly to our office. As a reminder TOEFL, IELTS, and Duolingo scores are only valid for two years
- Application fee (non-refundable): The $75 application fee is required upon submission of your application and is non-refundable. Applicants who are Veterans of the U.S. Military Service, currently on active duty, or members of the National Guard or Reserves are granted application fee waivers – please contact our office for the submission of your DD-214 form or copy of your military ID before submitting your application.
We strongly encourage you to also attend a virtual EMSIOP information session to learn more about the program and application process. Please review our upcoming information session dates below.
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS:
September 18th, 2023 (Discussion of I/O Psychology trends & EMSIOP program overview) 12:00PM-1:00PM, RSVP HERE
October 16th, 2023 (Discussion of I/O Psychology trends & EMSIOP program overview) 12:00PM-1:00PM, RSVP HERE
November 13th, 2023 (Discussion of I/O Psychology trends & EMSIOP program overview) 12:00PM-1:00PM, RSVP HERE
December 11th, 2023 (Discussion of I/O Psychology trends & EMSIOP program overview) 12:00PM-1:00PM, RSVP HERE
If you are not able to attend one of our scheduled information sessions and would like to meet with an admissions representative please contact the Weissman Office of Graduate Studies, at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.