The Office of the Associate Dean provides a variety of services to undergraduate students, including:
- Collecting and processing appeals for the Weissman Committee on Academic Standing and the Pathways Appeal Committee
- Collecting and processing credit overload and pass/fail applications for Weissman students
- Approving independent study proposals
- Reviewing liberal arts ad hoc major proposals
Our office (Room 8-265, Vertical Campus) is open Monday through Friday from 9:00AM – 5:00PM. Due to social distancing practices, not all staff members are physically in the office on any given day. As such, the best way to communicate with staff members is via email.
You may continue to email the office at WSAS.AssocDean@baruch.cuny.edu with inquiries, or call us at 646-312-3890.
Summer and Fall 2021 Registration Permission
Students who need registration permission for Weissman courses must contact the relevant academic departments; please check the department sites for contact information.
Students who need registration permission for business courses within their Weissman majors may contact the Office of the Associate Dean at WSAS.AssocDean@baruch.cuny.edu for assistance.
Please Note for Business Course Requests:
- A student who has been officially accepted into their Weissman major after completing a major declaration form with a faculty advisor should not require registration permission for the relevant business courses.
- The Associate Dean’s Office does not enter permission for closed sections or waive prerequisites. If the business class/section you want is full, you may use the Zicklin waitlist feature.
- The Associate Dean’s Office does not enter registration permission for optional business minor courses.
Learn more about the major and minor requirements at Weissman:
Help yourself to forms and applications and discover the academic support we provide:
Apply What You Know
See about how the liberal arts education you get at Weissman can prepare you for a variety of rewarding professions and careers.