As a Minor
Please note that the Survey Research Minor is currently not accepting students until further notice. Interested students should contact the Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at MSPIA.BSPA@baruch.cuny.edu.
The Marxe School of Public and International Affairs offers a Tier III minor in survey research which is designed to provide students from many disciplines (political science, market research, psychology, and sociology) with a basic introduction to survey research as a:
- Mode of inquiry
- Rigorous data-gathering process
- Way of understanding mass opinion and its uses in a democracy
- Tool for decision-making in policy and management
- Foundation of the research databases that inform other social science disciplines
Students will also conduct independent research and get hands on experience in the survey process including sampling, questionnaire construction, survey administration, data analysis, and presentation of findings of a substantive survey.
- PAF 3105 Principles of Survey Research
Electives (choose one)
- PAF 3106 Public Opinion, Policy and Management
- PAF 3015 Qualitative Studies of Communities
- PAF 3401 Quantitative Methods for Policy and Practice
- POL 3310 Political Opinion
- PSY 3056 Social Psychology
- MKT 3600 Marketing Research
- SOC 4111 Social Statistics
- SOC 4110 (4032) Research Methods in Sociology and Anthropology
- PAF 4402 Survey Research Practicum
Melissa Sultana, Deputy Director of Academic Programs, oversees the BS in Public Affairs (BSPA) program. To request information on BSPA or the survey research minor, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-660-6834.