Committee on Academic Standing
The Committee on Academic Standing meets once per month during the fall and spring semesters to review student appeals in academic matters. The committee is composed of faculty, students and administrators. Appeals considered include:
- Retroactive withdrawal from a class or total resignation (after the semester is over)
- Permission to drop after the deadline (within the semester)
- Request for an extension to resolve an INC grade
- Request for reinstatement if dismissed
- 3-Time repeat of a course
- Curricular adjustments or waivers of academic rule
- Change of grade that is initiated by the instructor
Appeals often require input/recommendations from offices throughout the college. Submission of an appeal before the meeting date does not guarantee the request will be considered at the meeting.
Faculty interested in serving on this committee should contact the office of the associate dean (NVC 8-265).